Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Basic Grey January Sketch Layout

I get a newsletter from Basic Grey emailed to me every month. As well as lots of yummy eye candy, they have a monthly sketch for you to use to create a layout! No prizes - just for fun!

I created this layout using the January Sketch. The sketch is by Becky Fleck from Pagemaps.


I adore these pictures of my parents holding my sister Liza. The originals were only 3 and a half inches square. Did I mention how much I love my scanner??!

I am sooo lucky to have had a father and an uncle who always had the camera out. It's great to be able to peek into my parents' life before I was born. Don't they look like such cool people?!! The photos are from 1970.

I have used the "Scarlet's Letter" range of papers from Basic Grey. I made the "Love" tag using Making Memories Clear Vintage Funky Alphabet letters, and Delish Designs rub ons.

The lyrics are from a song by Madness (well, I know the Madness version from the 80's - not sure if it was previously released by someone else! My sisters would know.). Kinda fitting, because Madness were one of both of my sisters favourite bands in the 80's!

Thanks for looking!

~Sarah~

4 comments:

fitzyk said...

Absolutely beautiful page - I just love that photo of your Mum - its one of my favourites - of course Liza looks great too - once again - well done
luvauntyk

angel321 said...

Wow!! Where has the time gone! That is a fantastic page Sarah-love it! Mum xx

SANDIE MALLON said...

your work is really inspiring ... this LO is gorgeous, and that pic of your mum & dad looks like a couple out of todays era,

Sarahs mum
you look like a bit of trend setter, almost like a young mum of today.. does time really go that fast... im hoping not LOL

Liza said...

WOW yet again! I have always loved those photos, mum and dad really were cool cats! September 1970, the typical LOVE CHILD! Yes, Madness really did a themesong for parental love and it is still one of my favourite bands! Now I'm a new mum again and slowly getting a little more me time I think I will have to jump on the 'scrap' heap! You inspire me more each time! Sandie, mum still is! She passed on her sense of style to us, we're all quite yummie mummies!