Saturday, January 19, 2008

January 1,2,3 Challenge entry!

Here is my entry for the January 123 Challenge!

Criteria:

* Use Red somewhere on your layout
* Use your cutting knife / scalpel
* Title as part of the journalling


I have used: Basic Grey patterned paper, Rachel Greig patterned paper, Scenic Route patterned paper, Scenic Route Chipboard letters, Basic Grey alpha stickers, red texta, black ZIG writer, Bazzill Cardstock, Dimensional Magic, red brads, Tim Holtz Distress Ink - "Vintage Photo".

I coloured the Basic Grey letter stickers with my texta to get them to the shade of red that I wanted. I used my craft knife to cut out the journalling strips and the question mark. I coated the question mark in dimensional magic to make it stand out. I tinted the Rachel Greig patterned paper with the "Vintage Photo" ink to make it darker so that the journalling strips stood out more.

I'm making a conscious effort of late to use up what's in my stash instead of buying new stuff (my dentist is sending me broke) and I think I'm doing pretty well so far! Until the new Basic Grey ranges come out..........

Thanks for looking!

~Sarah~

4 comments:

Rachel Greig said...

Great layout Sarah... love the photo of your Dad. I actually didn't recognise my paper in there until I read your materials list - love how you used it! :)

LindyLoudy said...

Onya Pete. Good page Sarah!

angel321 said...

What a great photo of your father-a fantastic layout.

Liza said...

Dad is such a handsome man, the photo is the best i've seen lately! He's my go to living encyclopaedia too, he'll be my 'phone a friend' if ever I get onto 'Who Wants To Be A Squillionaire'. Fantastically original concept Sarah! Dad must be beaming with pride!