Friday, February 15, 2008

February Sketch Challenge!

Here is my example layout for the February Sketch Challenge on the Scrapbook Savvy Forum.


The boy in the photo is my husband's nephew Cody - he's a real character! He's their only son with 4 sisters, so I guess he has to be! LOL!

I have used Kaisercraft patterned paper from the Grunge range which is great for young boys and teens. I've also used Hambly Screen Prints transparency frames and a Heidi Swapp sticker frame to create the background behind the title.

I've also been using Tim Holtz Grungeboard again and loving it! It's really so versatile!
I've used the alphabet and elements sets again, this time with the stripes texture.

Here's a close up of the letters:


I've made them look metallic (kinda like wrought iron) by painting them black with acrylic paint, and them going over them with a copper coloured Metallic Rub-on. They look awesome - and it is so easy to get this effect! I did the same on the hinges, and used a silver Metallic Rub-on for the crown.

Thanks for looking - enjoy your weekend!

~Sarah~

1 comment:

Robin Beam said...

I love how you outlined them...gave even more depth!

Inky Hugs, Robin