Starting this month, I am running "Sarah's Random Challenge" on the Scrapbook Savvy Forum!
This month, I have chosen to do a 5,4,3,2,1, BLAST OFF challenge!!
Here is my example layout:
Here's what I used: (All products marked with a hash are available in the Scrapbook Savvy store).
* Basic Grey "Two Scoops" paper - "Blueberry Custard". #
* Basic Grey "Two Scoops" paper - "Dreamsicle". #
* Basic Grey "Two Scoops" paper - "Spumoni". #
* Basic Grey "Two Scoops" paper - "Very Berry Sundae". #
* Basic Grey "Two Scoops" Buttons. #
* Heidi Swapp Chipboard letters - Raw "Schizophrenic". #
* Making Memories Metal Index Tab. #
* Maya Road Twill - Coney Island Pink. #
* MM metal circle tag.
* Bazzil Cardstock.
* American Crafts Ribbon.
* Acrylic paint.
* Dimensional Magic.
* Junkitz Flower.
* Autumn Leaves journaling block stamp.
* ZIG writer, adhesives, inks.
Here's the criteria:
5 x Buttons
4 x Patterned Papers
3 x Photos
2 x Ribbons / Trim
1 x Journalling Spot
Now here's the rules:
* You are allowed to use anything else necessary to create your layout, however you are ONLY allowed to use the exact number specified for the items above. For example, you can only use 5 buttons, not 3, not 4. Only 5.
* Cardstock (such as bazzill) is a freebie and does not count towards your "Patterned paper".
* "Ribbons / trim" includes all ribbons, trims, and lace of any kind. Also includes adhesive felt trims.
* Your journaling spot can be made from anything - but if you make it from patterned paper, it counts toward your patterned paper total. Pre-made journaling cards are fine.Your journaling spot must be an actual tag / designated spot - it can not be written directly onto your layout.
Entries must be in by Midnight, 29th February 2008 (Sydney Time) for your chance to win a $10.00 Scrapbook Savvy store voucher!!
I will pick the winner based on the most creative interpretation of the criteria.
Here's a close up of my title:
I created my title using the Heidi Swapp Raw "Schizophrenic" chipboard alphas. I wanted them to match the rest of my layout, so I painted them pale yellow (using a mixture of two Derivan MiNiS acrylic paints) and set them aside to dry. Once dry, I stamped them with pink ink using the "Swirl Background" stamp from Stamp-it. When this was dry, I applied dimensional magic to the letters to give them shine and dimension. So easy!
Thanks for looking! I really hope you will join us on the forum and take up the challenge!
From this month, all 5 of us Design team members at Scrapbook Savvy are running monthly challenges to get your creative juices flowing! There is also a monthly sketch challenge as well as a "Book of Me" challenge. Make sure you drop by and check out all the new challenges - there are fabulous prizes up for grabs so don't be shy - join us for some scrapping fun!