Sunday, February 10, 2008

Scrapbook Savvy Cybercrop creations.

Throughout this weekend I have been working on the challenges given to us at Friday night's Cybercrop! It was the first cybercrop I'd ever been to, and I had a ball! The theme was "Love" so all our challenges were based on "love".

Our first challenge was to create a layout about the things we love. But the catch was, we had to use something old (from our stash), something new (recently purchased), something borrowed (either from a friend or given as part of a swap), and something Blue.

Here is my layout:


Something Old = Silver rub ons, and the metal letters.
Something New = Grungeboard "5", and Heidi Swapp Clear letters.
Something Borrowed = Black and White ribbon received in a swap.
Something Blue - Background paper (by Basic Grey).

I ran the big 5 through a heart patterned paper crimper to give it a more textured look.

Here's a close up of the letters:


I created these with the clear Heidi Swapp letters by applying a Basic Grey rub-on over the top of them, then colouring them with a craft marker.

Our second challenge was to create a layout using the supplied layout sketch with the theme "love is..." which included a red heart. Here is my layout:


I really love how this page turned out! It's the first time I've ever done a layout using one of our wedding pics! I promise not to wait another 5 years until I do the next one!

Our third challenge was to create a small valentine's gift using some sort of recycled packaging.

I made a card:


The pink and black background tag is part of the packaging for the Basic Grey rub-on roller tool!

I have used Grungeboard in all three projects - I just love this stuff!! If you haven't tried it out yet, you really should get yourself some!

We all had so much fun at the Cybercrop - lots of games and chat all throughout the weekend! Our next one is on the 11th of April, and we welcome anyone who wants to come along and join in the fun!

Thanks for looking!

~Sarah~

6 comments:

Rachel Greig said...

Love all your layouts Sarah! And what a great idea to do the Book of You challenge :) Love what you're doing with the grungeboard!

Renee Culpan said...

It was a great CC wasn't it! I love all you creations Sarah, the card is fabulous.

Liza said...

The wedding photo spread is gorgeous, really beautiful words too! Love the card, it is so intricate and ornate. I love it when you use reds, it makes it rich and stands out so well!

LindyLoudy said...

Good work Sarah! The wedding one looks great. I love red.

angel321 said...

Love the wedding page Sarah-what a fantastic wedding it was!!

auntee k said...

Do like the wedding page - a great shot of you both - it was just the best wedding - and you are such a clever one !!