Saturday, February 9, 2008

"Stamping on Buttons" Challenge.

This Month, Renee C's Technique challenge is stamping on buttons!

It's a great idea that I would have never though of! Was fun creating this layout - but it gave me a headache! Tried so many different stamps before I settled with the flower and the owl from 2 different sets of Sassafras Lass clear stamps. Wasn't hard to do - just hard to achieve the look that I was after. Don't have many small stamps, so was trying large background stamps, but it looked horrible! Thank god for Stazon remover!!

Here is my layout:


I used the "Two Scoops" range of paper and buttons by Basic Grey. I used Hessian underneath the photo to create a "beachy" feel.

Here is a close up of the flower embellishment:


I applied the Delish Designs rub ons directly onto the flower. The Basic Grey rub on was applied to the Basic Grey paper, and mounted on chipboard before I cut it out.

The poem and quote are from a book by Dr Suess called "Oh, The Places You'll Go". It's a really great story/poem and I thought it fit well with the photo. I would have loved to include the whole thing on the layout, but it's really long! So I thought the last 4 lines summed it up the best.

Thanks for looking!

~Sarah~

1 comment:

angel321 said...

Love it Sarah! Jess is so determined i'm sure she will go far!!