Sunday, March 16, 2008

Ahhhhhhhh! The 80's!

Don't you just love the 80's??!! I love the 80's - the music, the movies, the TV shows, the toys I had as a child. All fond memories. Except for the fashion. What a disaster. I was lucky enough to have been a child in the 80's and not a teenager, so I was spared from most of the 80's fashion tragedies, but I've got some great photos of my 2 older sisters! LOL! And yes girls, they will end up on a scrapbook page one day! Just try and stop me! LOL!!
I'm horrified that the 80's fashion has come back in a big way - makes me laugh when I see all the teens and 20's getting around in some ghastly outfits. Buying clothes at the moment is a nightmare unless you want to look like something from "The Breakfast Club". But I digress. Back to Scrapbooking!

So, why am I going on about the 80's?? Well, I have just completed Challenge #2 of the Book of Me! Our challenge was to create a layout about "in the year I was born", so my page is all about 1981!

Here it is:


Wasn't I a cutie??!! Nothing has changed. LMAO!!

I had fun researching all the info for this page - I found out lots of stuff - enough to fill many pages! But I just chose some random things that I thought were cool, as I had limited space to work with. Special thanks to my friend Sonja for the help with the stats on the prices. You're a champion!

I've used MME papers, Heidi Swapp Damask Stickers, a page from a MM journaling book, Grungeboard numbers, Kaisercraft Rhinestones, eyelets, ribbon, cord, and Bazzill Cardstock.

Have you completed a "Book of Me" yet? If not, pop over to the Scrapbook Savvy forum and join in - there is a great prize up for grabs when your album is complete - check it out here!

Off to do some more scrapping! :)

~Sarah~

5 comments:

Renee Culpan said...

Ahh what a cute photo, love your layout Sarah!! It's amazing to see how the prices have changed.

Renee Dowling said...

You certainly where a cutie..and still are now LOL!, I luv this Sarah
Reneexx

angel321 said...

Fantastic Sarah! I love that photo of you-so cute!

auntyk said...

What a clever layout - and of course you look gorgeous too

Liza said...

Beautiful layout, doesn't Abbey look like you at the same age! Gorgeous!