Tuesday, March 11, 2008

March 08 Scrapjacked Layout!

It's Christmas in March! Well, just for today only!

This is my entry for March's Aussie Scrapjacked competition.

This month, Suz Doyle has been Scrapjacked! You can see her layout here.

Here is my layout:

The papers I have used are from Basic Grey's Fruitcake range, which I thought was very appropriate given the subject! LOL! I almost used the "Figgy Pudding" range, but the colours in this range suited the photo better.

My Nan's recipe is inside the pocket.

Here is a close up of the detail:

The embellishment on the right is made from an American Crafts rub-on, Kaisercraft Rhinestones, and a vintage metal button. The holly leaves are from Imaginisce, and the berries are made from bling brads.

The photo doesn't really show the size of the pudding - it's HUGE! That's a dinner plate it's sitting on! My Nan used to make 2 of them every year - one for Christmas and one for New Years, because it was so popular!! I remember going to my Nan's house when I was a kid and helping her make the mixture.

They call it a Pound Cake, as most of the ingredients are each a pound (in old measurements) but I think it's because you put on a few pounds just looking at it! LOL!

Since my Nan's passing, my sister Liza has taken over the tradition and she makes one for Christmas every year. It takes 8 hours - and that's just the boiling time!

Do you have any special traditions in your house? Make sure you get them documented in your scrapbooks - it's these things that make our lives and our scrapbooks all the more special.

Thanks for looking! May the spirit of Christmas touch you today, and throughout the year!

~Sarah~

5 comments:

Kerryn said...

Love your scrapjack. The pudding looks awesome. I have made them too but certainly not that big!

Liza said...

Thank you for immortalising my pudding so incredibly beautifully! Nan would be so proud of us both!

suzdoyle said...

wow what a pudding! i love anything christmas - this is a wonderful take on the layout. thanks for participating :)
suz

Craft and Scrap said...

Found you through ScrapJack. Your pudding lo is gorgeous! And so is the pud! I make my great granny's recipe too! Must do a lo! :)

angel321 said...

It's a great layout Sarah, now I feel like pudding & brandy cream!!!