Monday, March 24, 2008

March 08 Technique Challenge.

Back again!! 2 posts in one night! Today was a big day - Easter Sunday at the Easter Show! (yes, I know - it's now technically Monday, but I haven't been to sleep yet, so for me it's still Sunday!). So I thought I'd get some blogging done whilst I unwind from a VERY LONG day!

Here is my example for Renee C's March 08 Technique Challenge!


This month's challenge was to create a layout using the "Napkin Technique" to create a unique embellishment for our layout.

The "Napkin Technique" involves sticking a paper napkin to a transparency with Mod Podge, and then cutting out your design once it's dry - you can find the instructions here, or in the February issue of Scrapbook Creations magazine.

I varied the technique slightly, by placing my napkin "right side up" instead of down on the transparency, and wrinkling it up a bit so that I achieved a really cool texture.

When it was dry, I cut it into 2 heart shapes, and one strip (under the title).

Here is a close up of the texture:

I have used:

* Kaisercraft patterned paper
* Queen and Co Felt
* Kaisercraft flower
* Bella gem jewel
* Heidi Swapp Damask Sticker
* Heidi Swapp metallic letter stickers
* Bazzill Cardstock
* EK Success Bookworks letter stickers
* Versacolor Ink
* Silver Krylon Pen
* Kaisercraft Rhinestones
* Pink Napkin
* Transparency
* Mod Podge

This is a really fun technique to try, so if you're looking for something different to do, give it a go! Any napkins with a pattern will do - it doesn't have to be those expensive designer ones. I bought mine from Woolies for about 3 bucks!

Enjoy the rest of your long weekend! :)

~Sarah~

6 comments:

Sami said...

So beautiful! Your friend must be very happy with your wedding layouts. Can't wait to try this technique. PS. Love the blogarithm!

angel321 said...

Beautiful photos & layout! Sonja is so photogenic.

Julie H said...

Gorgeous work with the napkin technique Sarah!!
Loved the pic you snapped at the show as well.

HAPPY EASTER to you all - hope your enjoying your easter break

Julie xx

SANDIE MALLON said...

hay sarah

wow how gorgeouos are brides ... great take on the napkins challenge .. and in agreeance with julie on the show ride.. wow what an awesome shot..

ever tried capturing someone on one of those rides... never happens unless i suppose you have a great camera with a quick shutter

have a great week .. and thanks for your wonderful comments..will let you know how i get on with the DT possy

sandie
xx

Renee Culpan said...

thankyou for taking up my challenge Sarah, your hearts are fantastic and look great with the texture side showing!!
Renee xx

liza said...

Gorgeous, don't they look so in love! A beautiful layout, capturing the essence of such a special day!