Monday, March 3, 2008

Mel's Savvy Scraplift - February '08.

Mel's Savvy Scraplift challenge for February was to scraplift one of Julie Heard's pages. You can see Julie's page here.

I know it's late, but I really wanted to complete the challenge as I love Julie's work, and I knew what I wanted to do with the page. I was delayed because I've lost my favourite scalloped edge ruler, so after hours of searching for it to no avail, I had to improvise by making one from a transparency that I traced the design on to from another page that I did using the ruler! The things we do for that perfect look! LOL!

So here's my page:


And here is a close up of the flower embellishment that I made:


I cut the flower out of Kaisercraft paper, and then mounted it on top of a Heidi Swapp glitter flower, and finished if of with a Basic Grey button. You can see the edge of my photo mat that I distressed with an edge distresser. The ribbon is from Basic Grey.

I really love these photos of my mum and my sisters. They were taken not long after my sister Linda was born.

Enjoy your day, and get out in this fabulous Autumn weather!!

~Sarah~

2 comments:

auntyk said...

Great page Sarah - young good looking mum eh !

angel321 said...

Beautiful layout! Love the colours used.