Saturday, March 1, 2008

Sarah's Random Challenge! March '08.

Well, it's the first of the month, so that means it's time for a new Random Challenge!

This month's challenge is.......

CLEARLY FABULOUS!!

This month, your challenge is to create a layout using a transparency as a background! That's right, NO CARDSTOCK OR PATTERNED PAPER FOR YOUR BACKGROUND!

I also want you to use some clear / transparent embellishments as well.

Here is my example:


And here is a picture of it on a white background:


The blushing bride in the photo is my gorgeous friend Sonja - we've been friends since we were 5 years old! She and her Husband Zan were married last Saturday at Avoca Beach - it was lovely and she looked gorgeous! I took LOTS of photos, so you will be seeing quite a few layouts here with photos from the day! :)

I have used a Hambly Screen Prints "Clearly Heavy Overlay" as my background.

I've scratched the background in a circular motion with sandpaper, to give it a textured effect. I then inked it with pink ink, wiping off the excess with a tissue, to give it a pink tint. The edges have been swiped with pink paint.

Most of the materials you see here are available in the Scrapbook Savvy Store. For a full list of products used, see my page in the SS Gallery.

Here is a close up of the Hibiscus embellishment:


These are wooden shapes by ScrapFX. I have inked it with pink ink, and then heat embossed it with clear, high gloss embossing powder.

I have a great prize up for grabs for the winner this month:

* 1 x Kaisercraft - Mini Album, Crown Album, Model: SB159.
* 1 x Kaisercraft - Basics Rhinestones, Silver, Model: K-BR101.
* 1 x Kaisercraft - Fozz Felt, Flower, Lime, Model: K-SB902.
* 1 x Kaisercraft - Paper Flowers, Lime (2cm), Model: SB811.


Entries need to be in by Midnight on the 31st March 2008.

All the March Scrapbook Savvy challenges can be found here. Please, come along and join in the fun!

~Sarah~

2 comments:

angel321 said...

What a fantastic idea using clear transparency instead of cardstock!
It makes everything stand out so beautifully.

strahli said...

Wow! Cool Idea and an amazing Layout!