Sunday, April 20, 2008

Justjohanna Earth Day - Top Secret Challenge

One of the challenges as part of the Earth Day celebrations over at the Justjohanna forum was to re-use a security envelope to make a card, tag, etc. Heather Grow set the challenge and you can see her example here.

Here is my take on the challenge:

The pink background paper is made from the security envelope paper - I have coloured it with Tim Holtz distress ink (worn lipstick) and then I ran it through my cuttle bug. I went over the embossing with Walnut Stain distress ink to highlight the pattern.

For the flower section, I left the security envelope blue, and just stamped the Autumn Leaves stamp directly onto it with black ink. I then coloured in the different parts with art markers. I mounted it onto cardstock, then mounted it onto the card.

I also stamped the Heidi Grace "Just for you" sentiment onto the security paper, and mounted it on top of the flower with double sided foam mounting tape.

Keeping with the Earth Day theme, all the cardstock I used was from my scraps bin! :)

Thanks for looking!

~Sarah~

5 comments:

Renee Culpan said...

Wow Sarah, great work with the card, who would have thought a security envelope could look so good!!, and I love your take on the scrapjacked layout, goodluck!!

Renee xx

Annelies said...

Such a beautiful card!

Heather Grow said...

Sarah, this is amazing. It totally doesn't look like a security envelope. My favorite part is the embossed and inked pink background. Thanks for participating in my challenge. Good luck.

Martine said...

wow this card is really gorgeous, and to think it is made using an envelope, truly inspirational, which is why i am asking if i would be able to feature this card and your blog on inspirational at http://inspirationalcraftblogs.blogspot.com/
a blog designed for featuring inspirational crafts and blogs from around the world, if you agree to this then please let me know via email at martine.mcknight@hotmail.co.uk or you can leave a comment on the inspirational blog, thank you

Julie said...

Hi I found you via the Inspirational Blog

Your card is so beautiful Sarah I love it!!