Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Sarah's Random Challenge! April '08.

Can you believe another month has flown by already!

Mother's day is fast approaching, so this month I decided that my random challenge would be an off the page item, in case anyone wanted to make something nice for their mum! Or not - you can give it to anyone you like - or even keep it for yourself!

Your challenge is to create a decorative item for the home. But here's the catch - you must use a bird of some sort!

I made a wall hanging - here is a pic of it at full length (click on pic to enlarge):

And here is a close up of the top part:

I have used:

* Basic Grey Recess patterned paper #
* 1 x page from Kaisercraft victorian tag mini album #
* Comso Cricket Fleuriste blackboard #
* ScrapFX birdie #
* Love You More Gem #
* October Afternoon rub on letters #
* Kaisercraft flowers #
* Basic Grey buttons
* Inks, embossing powder
* Ribbon
* Grungeboard plain sheets (swirls) that I cut into flower shapes using a template. #

All items marked with a # are available in the Scrapbook Savvy store.

I made the Grungeboard look like leather by inking it with Tim Holtz Distress Inks. First I used "Spiced Marmalade", then I highlighted the embossing with "Fired Brick". I then rubbed over it with my finger and a sponge dauber which gave it the leathery look.

I inked the birdie with some sand coloured ink, and then embossed it with clear embossing powder.

I'm totally loving the Cosmo Cricket Blackboard at the moment! You've gotta get yourself some of that stuff.

For your chance to be in the running for a $10.00 Scrapbook Savvy Voucher, you must upload your entry in the gallery by Midnight 30th April.

Good luck!

~Sarah~

1 comment:

angel321 said...

I love this wall hanging, it would we wonderful to get something like that for Mother's Day (hint! hint!)