Thursday, April 10, 2008

SIA Trade Show!

On Tuesday and Wednesday of this week I was out at the SIA Trade Show (Scrapbooking Industry Australia) out at Homebush.

Sponsored by Scrapbook Creations, Scrapbooking Memories, Creative Living media (For Keeps) and Compendium, the event showcased over 40 Australian Companies, including Manufacturers and Distributers. There were new product releases from Australian & Overseas designers, as well as International and Australian guest teachers, media personalities and awarding winning speakers. There were exhibits, creative workshop classes, business seminars, demonstrations and booth make the takes.

I was working at one of the exhibitor booths, so I was lucky enough to get to meet lots of people from the industry and see all the great Australian companies and their products.

The highlight for me was the "Collections" stand. Their display creations were absolutely AWESOME! They let me take photos, so I'm excited to be able to share them with you!

Now, I'm not sure exactly who created each piece, but they were all made by people on the "Collections" staff and/or design team. If anyone knows the name of the person who made any of them please leave a comment and let us know!

So here are the pics - feast your eyes!:






Can you tell I'm obsessed with Owls now?!! These photos don't even do them justice - each piece was so amazing - this is just a sample of the things they had on display - I was so blown away by how gorgeous everything was!

My other favourite was ScrapFX. I was lucky enough to get to know Pam and Jill quite well over the 2 days - they are such lovely ladies! And of course, now I want one of everything from their range!! LOL!! Unfortunately I didn't get any pics of their stand, but you can see their range here. Awesome stuff. And they have a very talented design team, so make sure you check out the gallery while you're there.

Whilst I was there I met Ngaire Bartlam, Suze Doyle, and Loretta Grayson - all of whom are such lovely friendly ladies! I also caught up with Kristy Evans (editor) and Joanna Romanowski from Scrapbooking memories and had a long chat with them! Got some tips on getting more stuff published, so fingers crossed! LOL!

I also caught up with my friend Rachel Greig and her Hubby Stewart while I was there - they were there exhibiting their new Darkroom Door range of goodies - check out my Inkurable Stampers blog for the pic.

Well, that's it from me for this post - it's way long enough as it is! I'll be back in the next couple of days to share pics of my layout in the current edition of Scrapbooking memories.

Until then.....

~Sarah~

5 comments:

Julie H said...

How cool Sarah - sounds like you had a total ball. Those samples for collections are stunning!!

Julie xx

Sami said...

Lucky ducky! Sounds fab. I'm blown away by your pics. Could only imagine what they're like IRL!

SANDIE MALLON said...

those images are from the girls at scraptivate ... and the first one looks to be the work of MAXINE HAzebrook .... the owl on the reef is audrey underwood.. if u go to scraptivate site and click on blog down the left side is the girls DT BLOGS . .. audrey and maxine do a lot of work for julie van oosten .. collection elements if u need any more help just let us know...
sandie
xx

angel321 said...

What incredible, creative work!

Renee Culpan said...

WOW, loving those owls, what gorgeous work and sounds like you had a great time Sarah!!

Renee xx