Tuesday, May 13, 2008

My Savvy Saver Layout!

This month it was my turn to do the "Savvy Saver" layout - i.e a layout created for less than $5.00!

It was soooo hard to limit myself like this! I'm a total product junkie and I love using all the latest and greatest, so it was really hard to hold back for this layout!

Here is what I came up with:

This layout only cost $3.40 to make! The only thing I purchased was 2 x sheets of Fancy Pants patterned paper and the rest came from my stash or the recycling bin!

I have used:

* Fancy Pants patterned paper
* Acrylic paint stamped on with recycled bubble wrap
* Recycled cardboard from packaging
* Ink, ZIG Writer.

I used my computer to print out the title onto the recycled cardboard, then cut each letter out with fine tipped scissors. I gave the letters texture by running them through my cuttlebug with an embossing folder. I used the same cardboard for the photo mat.

I inked all the edges with brown ink, and I created the "buttons" using a circle hole punch and an anywhere hole punch.

See - you can create great pages on a budget! You can check out the past Savvy Saver layouts by the other DT girls here - now you'll have no excuse not to get scrapping! :)

~Sarah~

3 comments:

Renee Dowling said...

I luv this LO Sarah, and it's incredible that you did it for under $5.00, WTG!!
Reneexx

Julie H said...

Awesome work with this Sarah - love the colours ... and all under five dollars, fabbo work!!

chat soon
Julie xx

angel321 said...

Gorgeous Sarah! What an excellent page.