Monday, May 12, 2008

Pagemaps!

Sorry it's been so long since I last posted - it has been super busy here of late and I have been sick! But I'm back now with a layout to share!

I was recently lucky enough to be asked by Becky Fleck of PageMaps to create a sample layout for her May newsletter!

PageMaps is a great site that has sketches or "page maps" to use as inspiration to create scrapbooking layouts and cards in all shapes and sizes! I love Becky's sketches - I often use her sketches when I create my layouts.

Here is the sketch I got to work with:

And here is my layout:

That's me and my daughter! :)

This sketch was for her "SideMaps" which are for horizontal 8.5" x 11" sized scrapbooking pages. You can see my page and the other great SideMaps sketches and examples here as well as the new 12"x12" PageMaps here.

I just recently bought Becky's new book - "Scrapbook PageMaps: Sketches for Creative Layouts". It's fantastic - I've already used it to create a few layouts! It has these great cards with it that you can take along to crops etc if you're in need of some inspiration without having to bring the whole book. It's soooo cheap at Amazon at the moment and only takes about 2 weeks to get to Australia - and it's well worth the wait when even with postage you're looking at paying about half what you would pay in stores in Australia!

If you're ever stuck for ideas on how to lay out your next page or card, visit Becky's extensive archive section - there's LOTS of inspiration there!

Thanks for looking!

~Sarah~

1 comment:

angel321 said...

I love this page of you & Jess!