Friday, June 13, 2008

HOOTERS!

LMAO! Now that got your attention didn't it!?!! But it's not what you think! LOL!

Just sharing a few projects that I have done recently with Owls! I love owls at the moment - they're everywhere and I can't get enough of them! :)

Recently it was Diane's birthday (owner of Scrapbook Savvy) so all the DT girls got together to get her a prezzie! We got her some gift vouchers, so I decided to decorate the front of the envelope. Here it is:

Since there is 6 of us now on the DT, I used 6 different owls! (Congratulations to Julie Heard - our newest DT member!!). It's funny guessing who is who!! LOL!! Pun intended! :)

The papers are from Sassafrass Lass (Owl Pals range), the white border is a Hambly Screen Prints transparency frame, and the letters are by Carolee's Creations.

I also got the girls to make a card each for Diane - here is mine:

That owl is a Maya Road clear stamp - I love it! I used Tim Holtz Distress Embossing Powder to give them some texture. The branch they're sitting on is made from bazzill cardstock that I have scratched into to make it look like a stick. Again, the letters are from CC.

I used Kaisercraft Pearls for the eyes to add dimension and interest.

I also decorated the inside of the card - a first for me! See - that article in Stamping and Papercraft magazine really struck a chord! LOL!

So there you have it! Hooterrific! LOL! :)

Tonight is our "Black Friday" themed Cybercrop at Scrapbook Savvy, so make sure you pop along and join in the fun! Details can be found here. There is an AWESOME participation RAK up for grabs from Kerryn, the host, so make sure you check it out!

Also, tomorrow is the beginning of World Wide Stamping week! I will be running a special week long "Skulls and Bones" themed challenge over at Inkurable Stampers, and there will be a great prize up for grabs from Odd Bird Planet! You can see the details here, but check out the site tomorrow for the full set of criteria and participation instructions. I can't wait - it's going to be fun! :)

Laters!

~Sarah~

6 comments:

renee dowling said...

Luv your Hooters Sarah!!!!I'll pop over to Inkurable and check it out tomorow...

Reneexx

Anonymous said...

love the cards sarah .. will check out inkurable tomorow.. cc was great fun .. cant wait to see your pages for it
sandie
xx

christine said...

Fab, what a great card.

Beth Norman said...

This is one fantastic card. I love all those owls!

Kazruss said...

Just gorgeous 'hooters' Sarah!! :)

Wendy said...

GORGEOUS owls Sarah...love that stamp