Monday, July 28, 2008

Julie's July 08 "Word it Up" Challenge!

Recently, the ultra talented Julie Heard, joined the Scrapbook Savvy Design Team! Now, like the rest of us on the team, she will be running a monthly scrapbooking challenge to get your creative mojo flowing! Julie will be running the "Word It Up" challenges, which will focus on different journaling tasks.

This month, our task was to scrap a catch phrase! Something either ourselves our a family member says all the time!

With 2 young kids in the house, I had a plethora of options for this one! LOL! But I decided to scrap about an unusual saying that my daughter has come up with:

Instead of saying "When I grow up" or "When I'm an Adult", she says "When I'm a Human"!! It's so hilarious!

Here's what I have used to make the page:

* Rose Moka patterned paper
* Kaisercraft Rub ons
* Kaisercraft Rhinestones
* German Scrap Border
* American Crafts Thickers (chipboard letters)
* Carolee's creations letter stickers
* MM journaling book page
* Prima Crystal sicker
* Lil Davis Journaling block stamp
* Heidi Swapp Crown Stamp
* TH Distress Ink - Walnut Stain
* Black ZIG writer; White Inkessentials Opaque pen

Here is a close up:

I gave Julie's ink splatter technique a whirl again too - to add some interest to the bottom of the page. Love this effect!

Check out Scrapbook Savvy for the whole range of Rose Moka "Appel de la Nature" papers.

Thanks for looking!

~Sarah~

5 comments:

lusi said...

your work is always amazing girl!!!!

hey i just had 2 emails that i sent you last week bounce back at me!!!! :( so sorry! i though they had sent properly but they are both in my inbox.
They were to let you know that I loved the work you emailed through for the Top Ten and the second email was to let you know i had received it here! So sorry you didn't get either of them :(
This was the only *safe* way i though to let you know!
Lots of love to you Sar,
Lus x

Renee Dowling said...

Just gorgeous Sarah..as always
Reneexx

Anonymous said...

gorgeous pages sarah.. love the scrap border !!

sandie
xx

Wendy said...

this is devine...I love it

Kwik-Kliks, Kim's Scrapbooking said...

Thats a gorgeous layout Sarah, beautiful!