Monday, July 28, 2008

Mel's Savvy Scraplift - July '08.

This month, our task for Mel's Savvy Scraplift was to scraplift this page by Sandie Mallon.

Here is my take on the challenge:


This is a photo of my husband's great grandmother taken back in 2005. She turned 93 this year! Unfortunately, her health has deteriorated recently, so I thought it would be nice to create a layout to celebrate the milestone of her 90th birthday, when she was happy, healthy, and still going strong.

I have used:

* Basic Grey patterned paper (Euphoria range).
* Jenni Bowlin patterned paper.
* Bazzill cardstock.
* Heidi Swapp damask sticker.
* Basic Grey rub on.
* Grungeboard numbers.
* Inks, crackle medium.
* German Scrap border.
* CC tiny letter stickers.
* Crocheted flower.
* Bling brad.
* Machine sewing.
* Kasiercraft Pearls.
* AC thickers.
* TH distress ink - walnut stain.

I inked the Grungeboard numbers with pink & magenta inks, and then coated them with Ranger Crackle Accents for a distressed look. Here is a close up:


I made the page quite bright and vibrant, to tie into the top she is wearing in the photo, but I still wanted to use elements traditionally suited to nannas, so I used a crocheted flower, pearls, machine sewing, and some white frilly lace (German Scrap border). Here is a close up of some of the layering and textures on the page:


This challenge was definitely a step out of my comfort zone! These are not colours I would usually work with, but I am really happy with the end result!

Thanks for looking! :)

~Sarah~

1 comment:

christine said...

Wow, the colours are beautiful in this great job!