Sunday, August 31, 2008

Round Canvas!

Boy oh boy has this month flown by! I have only just finished my take on the August Savvy Sketch challenge!

It was a round sketch this month, and after seeing what Nic Howard did with her July Tarisota Kit, I knew I wanted to do something similar for my wall. So imagine my delight when I came across a 12" round canvas in an art supply store! Woohoo! So this is what I came up with:

Now, I know that I have used this photo on another layout recently, but I love it so much that I wanted to use it for the wall hanging so that I can see it everyday, not just when I open my scrapbooking album! As you can see, I have used my current favourite colour combo again!

I have used:

* Basic Grey papers and stickers from the new Ambrosia Collection.
* Basic Grey rub ons
* Kaisercraft rub ons
* Kaisercraft rhinestones
* Black cardstock
* American Crafts Thickers chipboard letters (which I inked Red with Distress Inks).
* Black ink; black ZIG Writer, double sided foam mounting tape
* Ribbon

Here is a close up of the layered papers, stickers, and rub ons with added bling:

Here is a close up of the paisley motif that I have raised up of the canvas with double sided foam mounting tape, to give it some dimension:

And last but not least, here is a pic of the edge of the canvas, that I have trimmed with some black and white flower ribbon:

I just love the new Basic Grey Ambrosia range! I can see that I will be using this one a lot in the weeks to come!

Stay tuned - tomorrow is the 1st of the month, so that means an all new "Sarah's Random Challenge", and a new Inkurable Stampers challenge! Which means more eye candy from me for you!

Thanks for looking!

~Sarah~

5 comments:

Rachel Greig said...

That is just gorgeous Sarah!!!

TribeRingers said...

OMG, this is fantastic - what a wonderful creation.

Cheers, scrap chick (from Scrapbook Savvy).

Shirley Fyfe said...

Wow Sarah! This is just beautiful! What a wonderful find!

Charmaine said...

that looks amazing Sarah:)thanks for sharing

Liza said...

Beautiful Sarah! Love it, can't wait to see it on your wall!
Much love,
Liza