Friday, September 26, 2008

Mel's Savvy Scraplift - September '08.

Well, I've finally found some time to do some scrapbooking! There hasn't been a lot of crafty stuff going on in my scrap room lately, so was nice to get back into the swing of things.

This is my take on Mel's Savvy Scraplift for September. Our challenge was to scraplift this digital layout by Scrapbook Savvy owner, Diane Basnett.


I have used the following products:

* Patterned paper from Inque Boutique.
* Bazzill Cardstock
* Grungeboard bracket
* Bella chipboard letters
* Lace, brads, metal buttons.
* Tim Holtz distress ink - Walnut Stain

I used a sewing machine to do the zig zag stitching around the photo, and created the honeycomb pattern using punchinella (sequin waste) as a stencil.

I distressed the paper and the chipboard letters using my Tim Holtz distress hammer which you can see in this close up:


Thanks for looking!

Hoping to get some more scrapping done tonight, so I should have some more to share with you tomorrow! :)

~Sarah~

3 comments:

Renee Dowling said...

Just gorgeous Sarah, boy your heritage pages are so beautiful!!!
Reneexx

stamp and scrape said...

This is such beautiful treatment of the photo - the colours and layout are really complimetary.
Ros

Liza said...

Beautiful Sarah!