Thursday, September 18, 2008

Quick Card Share!

A few weeks ago it was my Aunty's 60th Birthday, and she requested everyone that was coming to her birthday party to make/buy her a purple birthday card with butterflies on it! (She's mad about Purple and Butterflies).

Always up for a challenge, I chose to make her one! :)

Running out of time (as usual) I had to make a quick and easy card that also looked great - so here's what I came up with (sorry about the dodgy photos - they were taken at night and in a hurry!):


I folded a piece of dark purple Bazzill cardstock for my base card, and ran a piece of purple Bazzill Bling through my Cuttlebug with the Happy Birthday embossing folder.

I wrapped a piece of beaded trim around the base of the card front, and topped it off with a nice piece of silver satin ribbon. I then added the brads, before attaching the cardfront to the card.

Here is a close up:


The metal butterfly was attached with double sided foam mounting tape.

Such a quick and easy design, but with maximum impact! My Aunty said it was the best card she received on the night!! Woohoo! LOL!

Thanks for looking!

~Sarah~

1 comment:

SANDIE MALLON said...

im not suprised you gave the best card.. your creations are always amazing...