Saturday, September 27, 2008

September Technique Challenge!

Yay! I actually got some more scrapping done last night! My creativity needed a bit of a kick start, so I decided to scraplift a fabulous page that I saw in a magazine! It just so happens that the creator of that page is my friend and fellow Scrapbook Savvy Design Team member, Julie Heard! I'm always drawn to her pages, and this one was just so stunning that I had to scraplift it!

So I decided to create the layout as my example for Renee C's September product / technique challenge, which was to use a book page on a layout. Here is my layout:


These gorgeous papers from the Pink Paislee Vintage Moon collection were perfect for the mood I wanted to create, and go so well with the book page (which I sprayed with archival spray before I glued it down!).

I have used:

* Pink Paislee patterned papers
* Bazzill cardstock
* Scrapware chipboard journaling blocks
* Carolee's Creations letter stickers
* Heidi Swapp mirror butterfly
* Basic Grey Rub ons
* Basic Grey buttons
* Prima flowers
* Lace
* Page from a book
* Tim Holtz distress ink - Walnut Stain

I figured since I was scraplifting Julie, that I would go the whole hog and include some features which remind me of her - the stenciling using punchinella (she taught me this technique), and heartfelt journaling (a key element of her pages). :)

I edited the photo in photoshop using a great technique I learned from Jessica Sprague to mute the colours and create a more dreamy feel.

I used rub ons over the Heidi Swapp mirrored butterfly which you can see better in this close up:


You can see Julie's page on page 60 of Scrapbooking Memories, Vol 10 no 6, or here on her blog.

Thanks for looking! :)

~Sarah~

2 comments:

Julie H said...

Awww... thanks for the lovely words Sarah!!
Beautiful, beautiful work with this layout - you might of started with a 'mojo boot' but you took it and made it your own - fabbo work chicky!!!
Love the photo altering of the pic - definetly old world/dreamy.

chat soon
Julie xx

Anonymous said...

Yep...i love this layout of Julie's too!! You have created a beautiful scaplift!
Love what you have done with the photo too!

Kazwato