Thursday, September 4, 2008

Some new cards!

Last Saturday, the girls from work and I got together for a craft day to play with the Cuttlebug and work on some samples for the new website. We had a blast! More chatting than scrapping was done, but I did make a couple of cards that I thought I'd share with you!

Here they are:

I got out my Cuttlebug, my favourite embossing plate, and my Nestabilities die cutting shapes to make these cards!

I have used Core'dinations cardstock, Bazzill Bling cardstock, and papers from Basic Grey's new "Eva" range.

Here is a close up of the first one:

I ran the light green paper through the Cuttlebug with the embossing plate, and then sanded over the raised surface to give it that shabby chic look. I wrapped a scalloped velvet ribbon around the middle, and I then cut out parts of one of the "Eva" papers and mounted them on the front of the card with foam mounting tape. Finally, I added some white brads in each corner.

Here is a close up of the 2nd card:

I sanded the edges of the Core'dinations cardstock to give it a distressed look. The scalloped circle, circle, scalloped square, and square were all die cut using my nestabillities shapes in my Cuttlebug. The black damask shape in the middle is a Heidi Swapp fuzzy rub-on. These have a gorgeous velvety texture and look fabulous in real life! They take some getting on, but the result is worth it.

You will see these cards and more sometime soon on the new Craftools website. Make sure you sign up to the newsletter for updates and special offers!

Thanks for looking! :)

~Sarah~

1 comment:

Wendy Smith said...

gee you make some beautiful cards