Saturday, October 11, 2008

My Cybercrop Layouts!

Woweeeeee I have been a busy girl lately!! This weekend I am hosting the "Mad About The Movies" cybercrop at Scrapbook Savvy so I have been scrapping up a storm to get my challenge examples done!

The challenges were all revealed on Friday, and you have until midnight Tuesday 14th Oct 08 to get them finished and in the gallery for your chance to win some fabulous prizes! See the forum for individual challenge details.

Challenge #1 is my "Pretty in Pink" challenge! Inspired by the cover of te Pretty in Pink DVD, and to coincide with the Pink Ribbon appeal, your task is to create a layout using only Pink, Black, and White, and something old from your stash. Here is my example:


I don't use a lot of pink usually, so finding pink papers in my stash to match the photos was a challenge in itself! LOL! I ended up using Bazzill patterned cardstock!

I will personally be donating $1.00 for each entry for this challenge to the Pink Ribbon Appeal, so well worth getting a layout done to support such a worthy cause.

Challenge #2 is my "Remakes" challenge! Inspired by films that have been remade from originals, your task is to recreate one of your old dodgy layouts from when you first started scrapping! I chose to remake the very first layout that I ever did. See the horror here. OMG - no title, no journaling - no names or dates! And what's with all the butterfly stickers?! LMAO! Here is my remake:


Sooooo much better! I revamped the photo in photoshop, and used gorgeous papers from the Basic Grey Ambrosia range. Here is a close up of the butterfly embellishment:


The butterfly has been coated in Dimensional Magic, and mounted on the flower using foam pads. I have used Kaisercraft pearls for it's body.

Challenge #3 is my "Movie Quotes" challenge! You task is to create a layout and use a movie quote as your title and/or journaling. Here is my example:


The quote I used for my title was spoken by Norman Bates (Anthony Perkins) in Psycho.
Again, I have used papers from the BG Ambrosia range. Poor hubby was a little shocked when he read it - but I think he was lucky I didn't use the one I originally had in mind - "Stupid is as Stupid Does" from Forest Gump! LMAO!!

So, there's still heaps of time to come on over and join in the fun of the cybercrop! The prizes on offer are awesome, and there are great incentives to get all the challenges done! Details can be found here in the forum. Hope to see you there! :)

~Sarah~

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Absoutley stunning layouts Sarah.

Wendy Smith said...

these are great Sarah..so vivid and vibrant

Shirley Fyfe said...

Such beautiful pages Sarah - just stunning!

Also - you've been tagged on my blog!

Sarah Thompson said...

OMG!!! I am soooooo in LOVE with your butterfly layout! Love your work Sarah! :)