Friday, October 31, 2008

Sky Watch Friday - 31st Oct 08.

It's been a few weeks since I last joined in the fun of Skywatch Friday! I've been really busy lately, and just haven't had a chance! But I took some great sunset shots last weekend that I couldn't resist sharing.

Since today is Halloween, I chose one of the spookiest looking ones:


This photo was taken last week at Spoon Bay, on the Central Coast of NSW. The sun was setting and had just gone down past the hillside which had these great looking trees on it. As luck would have it, a nice cloud formation was overhead, which was glowing from the light of the sun.

Thanks for looking! :)

~Sarah~

15 comments:

Photo Cache said...

So fitting for halloween; it has that eerie feel to it. Beautifully captured too.

Brit' Gal Sarah said...

Lovely atmospheric shot

Leora said...

Simple colors, strong presence. Lots of atmosphere.

byclops said...

Hi Sarah...love the sunset photo, it's beautiful!

Suzanne said...

Oh I like your spooky sky Sarah. It really is a unique colour. Happy SWF.

Pearl Maple said...

Fantastic photo for Sky Watch Friday and Halloween.

Thanks for sharing all your creative photos and your kind comments on my post earlier.

vincibene said...

Wonderful picture! I love the colurs and the light.

shazy said...

Love the strong clear tree silhouettes, really enhance the pic and give total character.

Sarah Thompson said...

I love dusk up on the coast... so eerily quiet. Love the photo! :)

Happy Halloween!!! *boo* lol

AphotoAday said...

Now, that's an interesting scene...

Her Vintage Stage said...

Thanks for stopping by to my blog. Enjoyed yours! Love the black and orange highway in the snow! I wish our AZ. Halloween had snow. We broke a record yesterday, 94!

Arija said...

Ah girlie, it takes more than that to scare an old hag!

Nice shot.

Baruch said...

Beautiful - great SWF choice!

Rachel Greig said...

Nice shot!!

Hope you had fun at Spoon Bay!

Greyscale Territory said...

The light glowing both above and below the clouds creates a very eerie effect! Lovely shot!