Sunday, November 9, 2008

Christmas Cards!

Boy oh boy have I been a busy bee lately. Not much crafty stuff going on though! However, I did have some time to create these Christmas Cards for the Scrapbook Savvy newsletter.


I have used papers from the gorgeous Fancy Pants "Happy Holidays" range that you can get from Scrapbook Savvy. I have also used stamps from the Kaisercraft "Merry Christmas" acrylic stamp set for all my cards.

Here's card 1:


Just a very basic design - quick and easy (and cost effective) to make if you have lots of cards to send and little time!

The "Merry Christmas" is a rub on from the Kaisercraft "Christmas Cards" B&W rub on set - it has so many greetings on it - 1 packet will be enough for all your cards.

I've used just the one stamp, directly on the card, to keep it quick and easy. I then added a touch of sparkly ribbon and some Kaisercraft bling to jazz it up a little.

For Card #2, I stepped up the design and skill level. This card is still pretty easy to make, but requires more time, and more money. Worth it to achieve a nicer look. :)


I have used 2 stamps on this one. The greeting was stamped directly onto the card, whilst the tree was stamped onto white cardstock. I cut around the image and adhered it to the card front. Again, some Kaisercraft Rhinestones add some sparkle, and a metallic star shaped brad tops the tree.


I have added some lace around the card front, and tied a sparkly silver ribbon around the middle for some added interest.

Last but not least we have card #3:


This one is the most difficult to make, and requires the most time. Great if you have just a few cards to make for those extra special people.

This time I have used 2 of the Christmas stamps, plus a different "Merry Christmas" rub on.

I created a patterned background using the pink paper and the snowflake stamp. Next, I stamped the Christmas tree onto white cardstock, cut it out, and added it to the card. I then attached half a green flower, then the "Merry Christmas" greeting was mounted on to the card with foam mounting tape.

Again, some Kaisercraft bling to jazz up the snowflakes, and as a star on top of the tree.

So there you go! :) I hope these cards have given you some ideas for yours, whatever your budget, skill level, or spare time may be! :)

Check out the Scrapbook Savvy Christmas Shoppe for some great Christmas supplies - you'll even find selected Christmas goodies at 30% off until the 30th November 2008.

~Sarah~

3 comments:

Tegan said...

these are beautiful sarah!!!!

very unique and glamourous christmas cards :)

Vicky said...

Your Xmas cards look gorgeous, thanks for sharing them... :)

Sarah Thompson said...

Absolutely stunning!