Thursday, November 20, 2008

Darkroom Door Christmas Cards!

Last night I made a couple of Christmas cards, so I thought I'd share them!

First up is a card that I made for a competition at Fat Cat's Card Corner - the criteria was Darkroom Door Stamps. I just recently got the "Christmas Reindeer" set, so I was busting to get them inky! Here's what I came up with:


Just a pretty simple card. I've used Bazzill cardstock, plain white cardstock, Cuttlebug embossing folder, brads, ribbon, and Brilliance ink. The ink is actually pearlescent which you can't really see in the photo, but it has a great shimmer in real life.

Here is a close up:


I also used the same stamp set to make another example for my Inkurable Stampers challenge this month which is to create a Christmas project using beads and a bottle top. Here's my card:


I lifted the design from a card that I saw on the Hero Arts website which I thought would be great for some bottle top baubles! :)


I've used Bazzill cardstock, Basic Grey patterned paper, foam mounting tape, brads, ribbon, beads, bottle tops, Glossy Accents, red ink, and of course the DD stamps (which I LOVE!).

Pop on over to Inkurable Stampers and give this month's challenge a go! There are 6 great prizes up for grabs this month, so don't miss out on your chance to win! :)

Thanks for looking! :)

~Sarah~

6 comments:

Tegan said...

AMAZING card sarah!!! the reindeer is so great :D

Barb Conroy said...

Love your cards Sarah. Well done!

Sarah Thompson - Sydney Australia said...

SARAH SARAH SARAH!!! I am in LOVE with your christmas cards! Just Gorgeous!!! :)

Wendy Smith said...

love these xmas cards...great work

Shelagh G said...

I found your creative blog while searching on line for craft teachers here in our Brisbane region and had to stop and compliment you on all the great things you have happening in your blog space. Shame you are so far away in Sydney. Do you travel to QLD at all?

All About Paper is in sunny QLD on the bay at Cleveland and we will be posting advertisements for card teachers. If you happen to know of any, pass on my contact details as I am sure you know some very creative artists.

Shelagh G

SANDIE MALLON said...

im so stealing these card ideas...rofl