Sunday, November 30, 2008

November Random Challenge!

Oh my goodness - I am soooooo terrible! So much has been going on lately that I hadn't had a chance to do my example for this month's Random Challenge - until this morning! Couldn't let it beat me, so had to do something today before the new challenge goes up tomorrow! *hangs head in shame*.

So this month I was "Feeling Edgy"! The challenge was to create a layout using decorative edges, and at least 1 side of your layout had to be decorative, i.e only 3 sides of your layout could remain straight.

Here is what I came up with:


I have used:

* Fancy Pants patterned paper
* Black Market Paper Society pp (both sides)
* AC Thickers
* Prima decorative Tape
* Glitz Designs rub ons
* CC tiny letter stickers
* MM metal photo corners
* White brads; Metal Screw brads
* White rub on stitching
* Bazzill cardstock
* Black pen, white cardstock

As some sort of cosmic punishment for being late, this layout gave me untold grief! I had actually tried to use that photo on another layout before, however it ended in disaster and promptly found it's way to the bin. Pink is not my usual colour, so I decided to take the cue from the photo and do a pink, black, and white layout. I wanted to go quite bold, so I started with a 12" rub on from Glitz designs. It was a NIGHTMARE to rub on, and then parts started peeling off, so I ended up scraping over it to remove any flaky parts. Not so bad - created a nice distressed look.

It just wasn't working for me - I sat there for ages just staring at it wondering how to complete it. Just gave the the willies all day, but I finally ended up with something I like. Do you ever have days like that? I usually leave it over night and that helps clear my head to start afresh, but time wasn't a luxury I had this morning! LOL!!

I think it's just a lack of scrapping mojo at the moment - I haven't done any scrapbooking for over a month, so I guess I just needed that push to get back into the swing of things.

Well, tomorrow brings a new Random Challenge, and a new layout! So keep your fingers crossed for me that things go well when I create my example tonight! LOL! :)

~Sarah~


No comments: