Sunday, January 4, 2009

Skywatching again!

Well, I'm back! It has been a while since I've joined in on Skywatch Friday, as I have been sooo busy with moving house and Christmas etc! But I have now officially moved to my new house, and am loving every minute of my new surrounds. Especially the view I have from my back deck:


I've learned that a beautiful sunset has not much to do with the sun itself, and everything to do with the amount, position, and shape of the clouds in the sky at the time!

So for today's skywatch post, I am sharing 2 sunset shots - the first is a shot of the very last sunset of 2008 (31st Dec 2008):


And the next is the very first sunset of 2009 (1st Jan 2009):


I hope that amazing sunset is a sign of an amazing year to follow.

Very excited to be able to witness mother nature's work from my back deck every night! It won't be in the same position for the whole year, but I am enjoying it while it lasts! :)

Will be back in the next few days to share my adventures with the Pixma, and another little beauty I have had the pleasure of testing out called the "Selphy".

Until then....
~Sarah~

16 comments:

Chris in Oz said...

With a wonderful view like that, I want to live where you live!!! LOL!!! I hope you're all settled in and enjoying your new home.

Hugz......

Linda Jacobs said...

I live in the shadow of a mountain behind which the sun sets so I rarely see a beautiful sunset. How I envy you!

Gorgeous photos!

The Arthur Clan said...

What an amazing view ~ you captured it beautifully!

bookbabie said...

Beautiful captures for SWF, many of us are hoping for a better year in 2009:)

Tabib said...

Lovely sunset at a new landscape /house.
Congratulation!

Chris Millar said...

Hi Sarah, just wanted to drop by and say thanks very much for your lovely comments on my work over at the Darkroom Door blog! I really appreciate you taking the time to comment! THANK YOU! Your work is just gorgeous and I love these sunset shots! Have a great 2009!

Arija said...

Love the last one with the Norfolk Island ine sticking it's head up.

Renee Dowling said...

Hey Sarah,
Your pics look beautiful, hope your settling well at your new house.
Chat soon
Reneexx

byrningbunny said...

What a beautiful view to end the day. It will be interesting to watch the changing sun as the seasons and angles shift.

angel321 said...

Hi Sarah! What beautiful photos of the sunsets, it must be amazing to end the day like that.

esnorway said...

nice pics happy new year

Shirley Fyfe said...

What a beautiful view Sarah! Such lovely photos!

Congrats on moving into your new home too!

Julie H said...

What an amazing view from your verandah Sarah - gorgeous pix chicky!!!

chat soon
Julie xx

Steffi said...

Wow...wonderful photos!Happy SWF!

Shirley Fyfe said...

Hi again Sarah!

I just wanted to let you know that I've left you a little something over on my blog too!

Renee Dowling said...

Hi,
Sarah, Ihave left you something on my blog too..
Reneexx