Saturday, January 17, 2009

Skywatching - The most amazing sunset.

I have the best view from my back deck, and at this time of year, we are lucky enough to be seeing the sun set every night. Some nights are better than others, and every once in a while there is one that really takes your breath away. Then this happened - the most amazingly spectacular sunset I have ever seen. I took nearly 50 photos! It was hard to cull it down for this post, but I managed to pick out just a few of the very best ones! :) Click 'em to enlarge.

It started off like this:


Pretty, but not so impressive. Then the clouds started glowing:


And mother nature painted a mural across the sky:


Which got bigger:


And more intense until the sky looked like it was on fire:


We watched it from our back deck for over an hour.


And it all ended like this:


Simply STUNNING! Truly jaw-dropping! If you think the photos are cool, you should have seen it in real life! :)

I hope you enjoyed my photos! You can check out what other people are sharing for their Skywatch posts here.

~Sarah~

11 comments:

Maria said...

Its a great sunset indeed!
And it lasted one hour! It must have been very hard to select the most beautiful pictures for the blog as all of them are stunning!
I love the last one best! Thanks for sharing and happy SWF!

Rachel Greig said...

Looks like you're enjoying your new house!! We're surrounded by trees so we don't get much of a sunset here.

Judy said...

i am amazed at the sheer beauty of that sunset! i am so glad that you posted the whole progression, too.
thanks for sharing!!

imac said...

Beautiful, enjoyed the evening show.

Julie said...

Fantastic images.... What a great way to spent an evening!

SandyCarlson said...

Thanks for the stunning reminder that this world is beautiful.

Renee said...

What a gorgeous sunset Sarah. you lucky thing! Thankyou for sharing these stunning pics with us.

Renee xox

angel321 said...

Oh Sarah! How beautiful, it really did look like the sky was on fire.

Louise said...

I LOVE sunsets like this! You chose great respresentative photos to show us!

Renee Culpan said...

stunning photos sarah!! what a gorgeous view you lucky girl, I bet your nice and relaxed up there.

Vicky said...

Well, looks like you`re certainly enjoying your new digs, those photos are stunning, T4S. I have a little something for you in my blog :)