Friday, February 20, 2009

The scrap drought has broken!

It's been aaaaaaaaages since I've done a scrapbooking layout! What with work, Christmas, moving house, and my daughter starting school, I just haven't had the time!

Well, I am pleased to say the drought has broken, and I have created my first scrapbook page for 2009!


My cousin (the woman in the picture) asked me to do a layout for her to give as a gift to her god-daughter (the baby in the photo) who has just turned 21! My only instructions were "Purple" and "Butterflies"!

Now, butterflies I have plenty of, but I don't have a lot of purple papers in my whopping stash! LOL! But I eventually found some from the Basic Grey "Oh Baby" range from years ago that suited the layout perfectly.

Here is a close up:


I have used:

* Basic Grey papers
* Kaisercraft rub ons and Rhinestones
* Flowers
* Carolee's Creations tiny letter stickers
* Metal butterfly
* Scenic Route chipboard letters
* Ink

Here is a close up of the metal butterfly:


Thanks for looking! :)

~Sarah~

6 comments:

angel321 said...

Hi Sarah, what a fantastic page, Kay must have been thrilled with it!

Wendy Smith said...

it is beautiful Sarah...I dont scrap purple ever...can come at it...but you have made me look at it differently

Jill Geraghty-Groves said...

Show off!!!!!
xxxJ

Renee Dowling said...

Hi Sarah..
How are you?? - Glad you've broken your drought , LOL, but I've been peeking at all your creations in previous posts and I'm loving what you've created with the pixma - that shirt is way cool!!
Look forward to seeing more of your work!
Reneexx

TribeRingers said...

What a wonderful LO, and a great gift. See you on FB. :)

Vicky said...

What a beautiful keepsake...& well done on breaking the drought :)