Saturday, March 7, 2009

Crazy Amigos Challenge - Spin Art!

I was blog surfing the other day and I saw a card on Godelieve's Blog that she had done for the Crazy Amigos challenge using a Spin Art (or Spin and Splash) background. It looked like so much fun so I followed the links to Crazy Amigos, found out what on earth a "Spin and Splash" machine was, and went straight out and got one so I could do the challenge! LOL!! :)

This is the very first time that I have participated in a Crazy Amigos challenge! The challenge is to make a card using a Spin Art background. Here is what I came up with:


I used a page from a foreign book in my Spin Art machine, and a mixture of red pain and red ink for the splashes.

Here is a straighter pic of the card front:


I have used stamps from Stampotique and OBP, and Bazzill cardstock for the mat and card base. Here is a close up:


I also made an ATC:


Don't you just love Marci??! :) Here is a close up:


I had so much fun with this technique! Perfect for my scary little Stampotique girls! :) I'm looking forward to having more time to play and experiment with different papers and mediums to get different effects!

Here they are together:


Thanks for looking! Please leave me a comment to let me know you stopped by! :)

~Sarah~

14 comments:

Willy said...

Beautiful and funny pieces!

Godelieve said...

Both are great Sarah! Perfect combination of words, images, technique and color.

kelsey said...

These are excellent Sarah! I love that background....so where'd you buy your Spin Art toy??? Do tell!!!

angel321 said...

Wow! Love it Sarah! They are georgeous.

Willy said...

Hi Sarah,
I did my spin and splash with alcohol inks and blending solution.
Here you can see another s&s with liquid watercolours.

Moniqui said...

Hi Sarah,

thanks for visiting my blog and leading me to yours! I ove your art and have already read some great tips too! I have added you to my favs!
have a great week!
Monique

Anita said...

Fantastic cards.
Thanks for participating in our challenge.

Jessica said...

Wow!! The cards are so so fantastic!!!

TribeRingers said...

Awesome stuff!

Thanh said...

These are very fun, Sarah!

Lorri Lennox said...

They are gorgeous, I have used some spin n splash backgrounds on my atc's before, quite a while ago I had my hubby make me a machine from an old fan and a bucket! Yep it works fine... you can make one yourself peoples :)It makes some gorgeous unusual splatters. I love the stampotique stamps too. I think the colour scheme is delightful too.
Thanks for sharing xo

Sue McGettigan said...

LOVE those cards and the great fashion tip :)

Renee said...

I haven't stopped by for a while, so thought i would pop in and say hi. These little master pieces are so cool! Love those stamps.

Bella said...

You are amazing! I loved so many things on your page! Gorgeous!