Friday, November 27, 2009

Wilderness Cards

Earlier this year I created a bunch of projects using Darkroom Door products for their booth at the SIA trade show. As yet, I haven't shown many of the projects here on my blog, and when I saw Rachel's Wilderness Collection cards, it reminded me to show the ones I made using the Wilderness Montage sheet.

So here they are:


The base cards are Bazzill cardstock, and I used patterned paper by Rose Moka. The Wilderness images were cut out, and mounted to the card fronts on top of a mat of hessian. The arrows on each card are Grungeboard which I inked with Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Walnut Stain. Here is an individual pic of each card:




For the background of the "Bon Voyage" card above, I over stamped the patterned paper with the splatter stamp from the DD Artist stamp set using brown ink.


The word were all stamped using the DD Alphabet Medley stamp set - I just LOVE that set! Not only because of the great font,but because you get 2 different sizes of alphas in the one set - great value for money!

The brads were attached to the patterned paper before I adhered it to the card front - this ensures that you don't have the ugly back of the brads visible when you open the card. :)

Thanks for looking! Please leave me a comment to let me know you stopped by today! :)

~Sarah~

7 comments:

shirley henry said...

Great cards Sarah!

Nina said...

Hiya, Sarah! Awesome cards!

I love how Darkroom Door combines photos with projects. And the DT definitely know how to do it in style.

=)

*hugs*
Nina

Vicky said...

Love the earthy tones & the hessian, beautiful cards :)

Fiona said...

Sarah these are beautiful cards - it's lovely to see some more of your work!

Renee Culpan said...

Hiya Sarah,
Thanks for stopping by, I had been checking in on you when I had the time, but have been slack leaving comments!! Congratulations on the teaching position and design team, thats awesome news!!
I don't think I have done any scrapping all year, that will have to change in the new year.Good to hear from you.
Renee xx

Sandra said...

Hi Sarah

I've just seen some of your work in Scrapbook Creations (Splashes of Pink) and loved the look so decided to google your name. I also love the Wilderness Cards especially the colours used and as yet I haven't had time to view your other works. I would have loved if you were in Victoria so I could attend your class but I'll have to be content with the web.
Regards Sandra

thesacredandtheprofane said...

I stumbled upon your blog through a comment on the Cake Wrecks blog. I was interested because you have the same name as one of my sister-in-laws. Your cards are beautiful. Just wanted to say hi and show my admiration.