Thursday, June 24, 2010

7 Gypsies Artist Printers Tray.

Way back in January, one of the very first classes that I taught at Erina Scrapbook Store was this 7Gypsies Artist Printers Tray, and I realised the other day that I hadn't yet shared it on my blog! So here it is (click on the pics to enlarge them):


I've used 7Gypsies papers from the Gypsy Market collection, and the 7Gypsies"Victoria" stamp set. Not sure if you can see the quote (which I printed onto the paper using my computer), but it reads:

"A bird does not sing because it has an answer, it sings because it has a song".

There was lots of stamping, cutting, and foam mounting tape involved!! Here is a close up that gives you a better idea of the depth:


It certainly was a baptism of fire into teaching again! I taught the class twice in January, and the first time I taught it we had some hiccups! An advanced class, coupled with only 1 decent inkpad, 1 set of stamps, and some absolute beginners, made for a VERY crazy, stressful, and FUN class!! Literally running back and forth with the stamps between 7 people certainly wore me out that day! LOL! But everyone had a great time, made a great project, and went home happy, which is what it's all about! The 2nd class was a little better. :) And I must say I was very excited when I found out that in my first month teaching there, this project was the highest selling class kit of the month! Yay!

Needless to say though, I've stuck with less tricky projects since then! LOL!!

I teach classes every month at Erina Scrapbook Store, and next month I am doing 2 different Christmas Card classes using stamps and supplies from Darkroom Door. See the calendar for details (mine are the "Vintage Christmas Cards" and the "Acetate Christmas Cards"). I hope to see you there!

~Sarah~

5 comments:

Fiona said...

hey Sarah - this is GORGEOUS - wish I'd come to this class ;)

Mags said...

This is great and inspiring! I bet your students left happy!

Vicky said...

Love this project, great use of the printer's tray :)

Elizabeth said...

Sarah - this is gorgeous! I wish I was as talented as you :)

J Bar said...

How interesting.
Sydney - City and Suburbs