Saturday, June 26, 2010

Garden Fairy Couture

Here is another project that I created a while ago, but haven't yet shared here on my blog!

This is my Garden Fairy Couture, which is in a 6.5x8.5" shadow box frame:


It was a bit hard to photograph, because of the glass in the frame, so here's a shot of what it looked like before I framed it:


This was one of my Darkroom Door Creative Team projects, and I was showing off the Floral Background Stamp.

As you can see, I used the Floral Background stamp in the background, but I also used it to create the textured bodice by covering a Collections chipboard bodice piece with "Fernglade" Opals UTEE, then while it was still hot and melted, I stamped the background stamp into it, waited for it to cool, then lifted it off! I also added some gold Metallic Rubons (the oily stuff like eyeshadow that you rub on with your finger, not the rub on with a stick kind!) to create highlights. Here's a close up (click to enlarge):


I created the skirt with pieces of gauze that I died with Distress Inks.

Full details on how I created this piece can be found on this post on the Darkroom Door blog.

I was really excited when Rachel asked me if she could take this piece with her on her recent trip to the UK for her appearance on QVC UK! It was used as part of the display for her TV segment which aired back in February. You can see heaps of photos from the day on Rachel's blog here.

Rachel also used it on display at the SIA Tradeshow down in Sydney at the beginning of May this year, which was very exciting too! There's heaps of photos of the Darkroom Door display stand on the Darkroom Door blog here. I had quite a few things on display there - see if you can spot them in the pics! LOL - don't worry - I'll share them all on here eventually! ;)

Thanks for looking! I love hearing from you all, so don't be afraid to leave a comment! :)

~Sarah~

2 comments:

valenbergia said...

Hi, Sara! Sorry my english:) I like your dress very much:) I have any dresses in my blog, welcome:)

Fiona said...

that is so pretty sarah :) I love the effect on her bodice... think I need to invest in some utee and that metallic rubon stuff.....