Wednesday, June 30, 2010

It's a bit chilly.....

Hi there!

We've been having a bit of a cold snap here for the last few days, and boy oh boy has it been FREEEEZING!! This is certainly the coldest I've ever seen it, apart from the time when we went to the snow. Crazy!

When I woke up yesterday, I could tell it was colder than normal, so I looked outside and to my surprise (and delight!) I found that everything was covered in frost! I've only ever seen this twice before in my life, and never as much as it has been in the last few days! Even people's roofs have had ice on them!

So of course, I ran and grabbed my camera and started clicking away! LOL! These photos were taken around 8am in the morning.

Here's the ice on the handrail of the deck in my backyard:


Don't worry - those things hanging down aren't icicles - they're lights! LOL!

Here are some close ups:



No I realise that this may not be exciting for those of you that live in snowy countries (like Godelieve who gets to looks at this amazing view in her backyard every year!) but for us here in Australia, and especially here where I live, it's very unusual and exciting!!

Even the grass was crunchy!

Here's a pic of the ice all over my car:


Brrrrrrrrr! Winter is well and truly here!

The days are lovely and sunny at the moment though, so I must make more of an effort to get out into the sunshine!

~Sarah~

3 comments:

Godelieve said...

Thanks for the link :)

Godelieve said...

Sarah, we're having a heat wave now in Belgium.
I LOVE frost for taking pictures. It looks really cold down under.

jenny said...

Great photos Sarah....yes can't believe how cold it is either. After living for a long time in Queensland we have moved to Victoria and the last couple of weeks have been very icy to say the least....
Jenny