Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Christmas in July!

The latest theme over at the Stampotique Designers Challenge blog is "Christmas in July"! I've been meaning to do one of their challenges for ages, so this gave me a great excuse to use my previously un-inked Noelle and O Joy stamps! (And yet another excuse to play with my Copic markers! LOL!). Here is my card:


First I stamped "Noelle" and "O Joy" next to each other onto white card with black ink, then I coloured the pair with Copic markers. They looked a little strange floating in mid air, so I decided to give them a floor to stand on. I drew it in myself after having seen this great tutorial on how to do it. Mine's not fabulous, but pretty good for my first attempt I think! :) The plain white wall looked a little stark, so I coloured it with the E000 Copic marker to soften it up a little. It's very close to the colour of the walls in my house!

Of course, I couldn't resist adding a little bling with my Clear Spica pen, so I glittered up their outfits:


I inked around the edges of the picture with Vintage Photo Distress Ink, then matted it onto Candy Apple Bazzill cardstock. The card base is a really cool tie-dyed looking piece of handmade paper that I've had for ages! Was great to be able to use up something from my stash! :)

Don't they make a cute couple:


I love how they're all dressed up to party, but look beaten from the season! LOL!! It definitely gets that way sometimes!

Thanks for dropping by!

~Sarah~

12 comments:

Fiona said...

love them Sarah! It's great to see you joining in challenges instead of just setting the challenges!

Dawn said...

How exactly were these gorgeous things uninked for so long??? Really, really cool.

artyventure said...

Love the bling in the dresses! Wish I had copics and knew how to use them ;-)

Karen said...

hee hee they look just how I feel by Christmas evening! This card is just BRILLIANT and I love the way the greens match...oh and the bling! X

Basement Stamper said...

great card-love the coloring and the spica pen really adds some great detail!!! Thanks for joining us at Stampotique Designer's Challenge!

Summerthyme Studio said...

Ohhh I'm lovin' the glitta!!! Come play with us again soon!

Vicki

lena said...

beautiful, beautiful!
love the strong colours and the extra bling! very well done!

Willy said...

What a fabulous and funny card. Your Christmas couple is great! Thanks for joining us at SDC # 11.

Sue said...

This is brilliant, I love the floor - brilliant idea x

Kaz said...

Fab use of the stamps. Thanks for joining us at SDC x

shirley said...

What a lovely couple they make! LOL!
Love the green and glitter. Will have to get myself one of those pens!

Moniqui said...

Cute couple lol! Love the extra sparkles! I do not know anything about Copics but i think you did a great job!Thanks for joining us at Stampotiques designers challenge:))