Sunday, July 18, 2010

Gothic Arches - Part 2.

First let me say a huge thank you to those of you that have been coming here to visit, leaving comments, and becoming followers through Blogger and Facebook - I really appreciate it! I also love coming to your blogs to check out the amazing work you are doing, and have found a few new faves lately!

OK - so a few posts back I showed you my first 3 Gothic Arch examples for my Inkurable Stampers 2010 Gothic Arch Challenge. Well, today I'm here to share the next 2!

Challenge #4 - Hands.


I used Kaisercraft patterned paper as my background. I stamped the gothic sun shape (from Green Pepper Press) onto the background with Scarlet Versacolor ink, and heat embossed it with clear embossing powder.

I stamped the sun again in black ink on white cardstock, and heat embossed. I cut out the centre circle and stuck it onto the centre of the red sun. (Yes! I know it's upside down! I fixed it after the photo was taken, but never took another pic! So you'll just have to imagine it's up the right way! LOL!).

The hands (again from Green Pepper Press) were stamped in black ink onto white cardstock, cut out, and then adhered to the background. The word "Worship" is a sticker from Kelsey's wordsheets.

The red flourishes at the bottom are Kaisercraft rub-ons. To finish, I attached some beaded trim and some thin red ribbon to the bottom of my arch.


Challenge #5 - Hats.

For my Hats themed arch, I was inspired by The Mad Hatter (played by Johnny Depp) from Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland Movie! here's a quick pic for reference:


And this is what I came up with for my arch:


The background was created by inking white cardstock with Dusty Corduroy and Worn Lipstick distress inks using a foam blending tool. I stamped a Green Pepper Press gothic Script stamp down the left hand side and heat embossed with black embossing powder. The right hand side was stamped with a Stamp-it mesh stamp in black ink.

The hat is a Green Pepper Press stamp that was stamped and heat embossed with black ink. It has been mounted with foam mounting tape.


The head (also by Green Pepper Press) was stamped with black ink onto white cardstock, and I coloured in the lips, eyebrows, and eyes.

The hair is a Kaisercraft flourish stamp that I stamped with red Stazon, then coloured with Spiced Marmalade distress ink using an Aquash brush. I cut out pieces of it to create the hair shape.

The quote was typed on the computer, printed out, and attached to the arch.
If you're interested in joining in with my year-long Inkurable Stampers 2010 Gothic Arch Challenge, check out the details here. All welcome!


~Sarah~

2 comments:

Nancy Maxwell James said...

Sarah
your arches are FABULOUS! gorgeous images and wonderful composition! I love the colors also! Have a wonderful Sunday! :)

bockel24 said...

Wow, the hand arch as well as the Mad Hatter is fabulous!