Monday, July 12, 2010

Joy Fold Card.

Hi everyone!

Here's another card that I made back in October that I shared over at Inkurable Stampers but am yet to share here. It's a Joy Fold Card that I created for the 2009 Darkroom Door WCMD challenge (click pics to enlarge):


It has 2 different sized flaps that open out - for my card I secured the front flap shut with a magnet, and attached a ribbon tab to pull it open. Here's what it looks like when the first flap is opened:


And here is what it looks like fully opened up:


Of course, you could put paper on the back of those 2 flaps for extra writing space, but I chose not to. :)

Here is a close up:


I have used papers from Graphic 45, Bazzill cardstock, and stamps from Darkroom Door (from the following sets: "Butterflies", "Prague Vol 1", "Journal", and "Wildflowers Vol 1"). I used Kaisercraft pearls for the centres of the butterflies. I masked off the journaling lines in the journal block stamp to create a frame for the butterflies and quote. I love finding new and different ways to use a stamp!

Such a fun and easy card to make, and the design is sure to delight the recipient!

Thanks for looking!

~Sarah~

2 comments:

valenbergia said...

So beautiful!!!! I like it very much!!!)

Nancy Maxwell James said...

wowsers! what a gorgeous card! I love the design, colors and stamps! awesome artwork!