Sunday, July 25, 2010

Play Date Cafe - Challenge #39.

The Play Date Cafe's challenge this week is neutral tones - here is this weeks inspiration:


I only just realised that by blog design fits in perfectly with this colour scheme! LOL!

This week I made a card using papers from Graphic 45. Here it is:


The base is black Bazzill cardstock, and the papers and images are from the Graphic 45 "Communique" and "Fashionista" collections.

I inked around the papers and elements with Vintage Photo Distress Ink.

The nibs, the ink bottle, and the calligraphy pen have all been coated with Dimensional Magic to give them a glossy raised look. Here is a close up:


The tag and the bottle were attached to the card front with double sided foam mounting tape for added dimension.

I can't believe I actually made a card without using stamps! That doesn't happen very often! LOL!

Thanks for looking!

~Sarah~

15 comments:

Lisa Somerville said...

Beautiful card, wonderful take on this weeks colors. Thanks for playing at the PDCC.

Mags said...

WOW! This is gorgeous, I love love love the dimension. That ink bottle looks like you could just pick it up. Fantastic!

kANNAdyjka said...

A M A Z I N G!!!!

shirley said...

WHAT! NO STAMPS!!! LOL!

Gorgeous card Sarah. I LOVE Graphic 45!

Evelyn S. said...

I echo 'amazing' and add 'fabulous' to the description! WONDERFUL creation.

SmilynStef said...

Wowza ... absolutely stunning ... love your fabulous details.

Nancy said...

Who needs stamps with all this lovely detail and composition? Lovely!

Suzanne C said...

What a lovely and striking card! Thanks for playing in the PDCC this week!

Nancy Maxwell James said...

this is fantastic! I love the wonderful stamped images you used! It has a 3-D look that could pop off your blog! amazing! :)

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

HOLY COW--I LOOOOOOOOVE this card! I love the images and the way you used the color combo! Great job all around:) Thanks for joining in the fun at the PDCC:)

Ruby said...

I always like to put my first words on opening up card images, and for this it is simply WOW! This is absolutely stunning!!!! I am in awe! Thanks for playing along with us at the Play Date Cafe this week!

Sue Lelli said...

This is DIVINE! Those images are just perfect for this vintage style!!!

Julie Ranae said...

Absolutely LOVE this entry for the Play Date Cafe Challenge! So glad to have you play with us this week!

Angie Tieman said...

This is gorgeous!

Anne Jagger said...

I love this