Monday, July 26, 2010

Shabby Chic Vintage Card.

Moxie Fab World are currently running a Card Style Week Shabby Chic and Vintage card challenge so I thought I'd give it a try!

I've always loved the shabby chic look, and I'd love to have a whole house decked out in the shabby chic style (like this one! OMG - LOVE IT!!! Click through the slideshow - totally worth a look!) but it's not a style I usually create with, and I really struggled with this challenge! I'd love to create gorgeous shabby chic things with ease like Melissa Phillips does, but it just doesn't come naturally to me. It took days before I found the right mix of elements and I was happy with my card. Here it is:


The base card is cream coloured Bazzill cardstock onto which I stamped the Darkroom Door Floral Background Stamp with light blue ink. The next layer is a piece of October Afternoon patterned paper with dictionary meanings on it. The pink paper is from Darkroom Door, and the next layer is a piece of cream Bazzill cardstock which was stamped with the Darkroom Door Roses Photo Stamp in light blue.

The doily is a Kaisercraft stamp that was stamped onto the pink paper from Darkroom Door, then heat embossed with white embossing powder. The vintage image is one of the lovely ladies from the Darkroom Door "Hats" Photobooth sheet.

The "Best Wishes" stamp is by Fiskars, and I stamped it onto cream bazzill cardstock with pink ink, then mounted it to the card front with foam mounting tape.

Here is a close up of my card:


The music notes came from a real piece of old sheet music. The buttons are by Basic Grey, and I tied some string from a shipping tag through them before sticking them down. I also added some small Kasiercraft pearls to my card to add to the vintage feel.

The edges of the papers were inked with Vintage Photo Distress ink, and some were distressed using an edge distresser.

If you'd like to give this challenge a go, pop on over to the Moxie Fab World, and check out the challenge details plus the gorgeous inspiration from the Card Style magazine!

Thanks for looking!

~Sarah~

5 comments:

Nancy Maxwell James said...

Love your shabby chic card! Gorgeous colors, papers and composition! :)

Rachel said...

wowee... that's pretty fancy Sarah!! Love it! And all the details... yum :)

Dawn said...

Not your usual style, but you should certainly add it to your repertoir!!!

shirley said...

You do shabby chic pretty well Sarah!
LOve the colours and layers.

Cath said...

Hey Sarah! Thanks for entering the Let's Do Shabby & Vintage Card Style Week challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you played along! :)