Friday, July 2, 2010

Skywatch Friday - 2nd July 2010.

Hello skywatchers!

I was looking back through my photo archives and came across some photos that I have not yet shared that were taken back on the 20th November 2009!

These photos were taken one afternoon when a thunder storm came over our house. It came over very quickly, and went away just as fast! You wouldn't think so by the looks of the photos, but the sun came out again after the storm was finished! The whole thing probably lasted no more than an hour.

Now, they're not what I would call spectacular photos, however, I was pretty impressed that I managed to get 3 different lightning strikes! Pure luck - I didn't have a tripod and I was just clicking away randomly in the hope that I would catch one. And I did! :)

So here they are (click on photos to enlarge them):




Cool, huh?!

That last one is a little blurry, but I'm more interested in the lightning strike rather than the trees! LOL!

As you can see, there was a pretty nasty cloud mass - here is another pic, minus the lightning:


Very ominous looking!

To view lots of awesome sky photos from all around the world, check out Skywatch Friday!

Thanks for visiting my blog today!

~Sarah~

10 comments:

J Bar said...

Terrific captures. Quite moody in black and white.
Sydney - City and Suburbs

TonyC said...

great shots Sarah. I'll have to give lightning a try.-

Sarah Schwerin said...

Thanks guys!

J Bar - these photos are actually colour photos - it was really dark because of the clouds, but the sun was still out (was about 2 o'clock in the afternoon), so it created the silhouette of the trees/horizon.

Shirley Fyfe said...

Fantstic photos Sarah! You did well capturing those lightning strikes!

caughtbymycamera said...

Great shots. You were lucky to catch the lightning strikes.

anthony-samson said...

Great shots Sarah!, I'm sure its not easy capturing lightning and you did well

Gopalswamy Hills

gnometree said...

So hard to get good lightning shots. Well done

Malin said...

Very cool indeed. Great shots! Hope I can have the same luck some day :)
http://malinks.blogg.se/2010/july/skywatch-friday-51.html

Rachel said...

ohh, very cool photos Sarah!!

eden said...

Such great captures of the lightning. Love all your photos, Sarah.

Have a great weekend