Thursday, July 22, 2010

Thank You Card.

The Town Scrapper is having an Anything Goes challenge this week, and the DT have just posted their "last post before Labour Day" as they are going on a Summer hiatus until September 10th. Check it out here.

For my entry I have created a thank you card (click pics to enlarge):



As you can see, I'm very taken with the purple and green colour scheme lately! LOL! (If you are too, check out this month's challenge over at Inkurable Stampers).

I have used the very cool "Charlotte" stamp from Kraftin' Kimmie, which I coloured with Copic Markers, and the words are stamped in Violet Versacolor ink using Darkroom Door alphabet stamps


The "thank", "you", and "friend" were attached to the card with foam mounting tape which gives the greeting some nice differing dimension.

I used my new favourite clear Spica pen to add sparkle to her headband, the ruffle on her skirt, and her chocker, but you can't quite see it in the pics. 

Here is a close up:


The green background was created using a Cuttlebug embossing folder, and I punched the edge with a Fiskars border punch.

I don't know about you, but every time I read the quote, I start singing the theme from The Golden Girls! LOL! This card is off to a new home today for someone who has been particularly golden to me lately, so the quote was perfect! I hope she likes it! :)

~Sarah~

3 comments:

Dawn said...

OMG ... she's soooooo beautiful, and I can't believe it's lucky me who gets to keep this stunning card on my desk and look at it every day.

Vicky said...

Wow, she's gorgeous, LOVE the colouring!!!

Gio said...

Your card is so cute!
Love this color combo, and this month I've made the challenge very soon! :-)