Thursday, July 8, 2010

Tri-fold Shutter Card.

Back in October last year I created a Tr-fold Shutter Card for a WCMD challenge that I held over at Inkurable Stampers. When I was looking back over my archives today, I realised that I hadn't yet shown it here! So here it is (click pics to enlarge!):


For this card I have used stamps from the following Darkroom Door stamp sets:

* Butterflies
* Little Dreams
* Wildflowers Volume 1
* Ornate Elements
* Prague Vol 2 set.

Here is what it looks like when it is fully opened up:


The base card was made from black Bazzill cardstock. I used plain while card stock for the matting, and some stamping, and the coloured background was created using the Wrinkle Free Distress Technique with Broken China and Peeled Paint Distress inks. The images were stamped with black ink and Broken China distress ink.

Here is the view from the top so you can see how it works:


And this is what it looks like standing up:


The idea is to write in the centre piece (where the big blue butterfly is). I stamped the large butterfly onto scrap paper first, then stamped it onto the white card without re-inking for a muted effect so that I could write clearly over the top with a black pen.

Let's not forget the close up:


There are Kaisercraft clear rhinestones in each corner of the frame, and inside in the centre of the smaller butterflies.

To make your own Tri-fold card, check out this tutorial at Splitcoast Stampers.

Thanks for visiting today!

~Sarah~

2 comments:

Sandra said...

beautiful!
Sandra

Godelieve said...

Wow Sarah, this is FABULOUS!! Love how well all stamps work together, and the stunning colors too!!