Thursday, July 1, 2010

Utopia Cards.

In June I taught a cardmaking class at Erina Scrapbook Store using papers and stamps from the gorgeous Kaisercraft "Utopia" collection, and now that the classes are over, I can share the cards with you! Here they are:


The first card is a bookmark card that I learned how to make from a tutorial at Splitcoast Stampers. Here is a close up:


I stampd the Kaisercraft stamps onto the patterned paper with black ink, and then hi-lighted parts of the image with a white gel pen. The large round flower has been mounted onto the card front with foam mounting tape. Clear Kaisercraft Rhinestones have been added for a bit of sparkle! Here's what the bookmark flap looks like:


The idea is that the recipient tears off the inside flap to use it as a bookmark.

The next card is a pop up card, also learned from a tutorial at Splitcoast Stampers:


The sentiments I have used all come from the Darkroom Door All Occasions Stamp set. Truly a must have set because it comes in handy all the time! So many sentiments!

The pop up card folds flat for mailing - here is what it looks like when it's closed:


Sorry about the changing colours in these photos! They were taken on a day with not much light, and it kept changing!

Next card is a normal 4x6 card:


And last but not least is a small gift card:


I love this colour combo of purple and blue! Very Avatar inspired don't you think? ;)

This month at ESS we're celebrating Christmas in July! I'm doing 2 Christmas card classes using yummy products from Darkroom Door. I'll share a sneak peek soon! I hope to see you there!

~Sarah~

1 comment:

Brent said...

Absolutely gorgeous cards Sarah! I especially love the colors. Wish we had your weather. It has been in the 110s F here all week with no end in site.