Thursday, August 5, 2010

Gothic Arches - Part 3.

Today I'm here to share the next three Gothic Arches that I have completed for my Inkurable Stampers 2010 Gothic Arch Challenge! (See the others here and here).

Gothic Arch Challenge #6 - MEN!


My arch features a printed image of the composer "Verdi" that you can download for free from Stampington & Co here.

My background was created by stamping a Darkroom Door music stamp with black ink onto a handmade paper background. I stamped a green pepper press buildings stamp across the middle of the background with black ink.

I adhered a strip of silver German Scrap Border across the bottom of the buildings, and then adhered the photo of Verdi to the arch.

I tore some old music paper and adhered it across the bottom of the arch. I then stamped the name "Verdi" across the arch using the Darkroom Door Alphabet Medley stamps, and heat embossed with Silver Embossing powder. I then coloured the sheet music with distress inks and Glimmermist.

The silver around the edges of the arch is a combination of silver embossing powder, and silver Krylon pen.


Gothic Arch Challenge #7 - WOMEN!



I have used a vintage nude image as the focal point of my arch. (Please let me know if the nudity offends you, and I will censor her).

I created the background using a mixture of Glimmermist and Radiant Rain dabber paint over which I sprinkled "Verdegris" and "Copper" embossing powders and heat set.

I then stamped a Tim Holtz flourish a couple of times on the background and heat embossed with copper embossing powder. I inked around the edges with dark brown ink.

I adhered lace across the bottom of the arch using Gel medium, then I adhered the lady to the arch over the lace. I then attached some bronze coloured German Scrap Border to the bottom.

The letters are wooden (ScrapFX) and I coloured them using Glimmermist.



Gothic Arch Challenge #8 - CHILDREN!



My background was created using distress inks and the Wrinkle free distress technique.

I stamped a Heidi Swapp Damask stamp in the middle and embossed it with gold embossing powder. I then inked over it with a sponge dauber using Walnut Stain distress ink to make it stand out more from the background.

I tore a piece of gothic script book paper, inked around the edges, and attached it to my arch.

The Fairy image was printed, cut out, and attached to the centre of the arch. To finish, I added some orange Kaisercraft Rhinestones to the Damask image. I also added a gold corner sticker to the top of the arch, and a line of gold Krylon pen at the bottom of the arch.

If you'd like to join in the fun of our year long Gothic Arch challenge, check out the details here.

~Sarah~

1 comment:

Nancy Maxwell James said...

these are all beautiful Sarah! I love to work with male images when I can...makes me think outside the box! :)