Monday, September 27, 2010

Bleach Stamping Cards.

Hi again! (Sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself, so feel free to leave a comment and say "Hi" back! LOL!).

One of my favourite stamping techniques is Bleach Stamping - where you create an inkpad using household bleach and use it as your ink. When you stamp onto cardstock it bleaches out the colour and gives you very different results depending on what colour and type of cardstock you use. As well as stamping with bleach, you can also use it to colour your images. I posted a bleach stamping and colouring  tutorial over at Inkurable Stampers many moons ago - go and check it out if you'd like to give it a go!

I taught this set of 3 bleach technique cards as a class at Erina Scrapbook Store back in March:


I used hot pink Bazzill Cardstock (both Swiss dots and Smoothies textures), black bazzill cardstock, stamps from Kaisercraft, black ink and embossing powder, and some flowers and ribbon.


When you want to colour with bleach, it's important to remember to heat emboss your images, otherwise the bleach will bleach the ink that you stamped the image with.


On these cards, I also used bleach to "ink" around the edges of the Smoothies cardstock.


Once the bleach has dried, you can safely stamp inks over the top.

Always remember to work in a well ventilated area, and wear an apron!

Happy stamping!

~Sarah~

3 comments:

Chloe :-) said...

These are simply stunning Sarah!! Just love the hot pink (my fav colour LOL) and the stamps are lovely!

jenny said...

Gorgeous Sarah....I love the effect of using bleach...your cards are lovely :)

Jenny x

Nancy Maxwell James said...

Sarah
these are all amazing! the colors really pop out too! lovely art!