Thursday, September 23, 2010

Desk Calendar.

Hello there!

Waaaay back in January I taught a class at Erina Scrapbook Store where we created a perpetual desk calendar. Here it is:


There is a separate card for each month, and the idea is to record birthdays, anniversaries, and other events on the front of it so that you don't forget to send a card or a gift. Once you've made a card for the occasion, you file it behind the month card, ready for when you need it!

I adapted a business card holder tutorial I saw on Splitcoast Stampers to create this much larger desk calendar - the month cards measure 4.5x6.5".


To decorate the month cards I used stamped from 7Gypsies, bazzill cardstock, pink and white polka dot ribbon, and images from the Darkroom Door Viva la Flora Montage Sheet.

Here is what each page looks like:


The back of each page has a notes section where you can write any important info about the occasion, or the people you are making the card for. (i.e - "Aunty Pearl doesn't like the colour purple" etc).

This would be a great project to make for an end of year teacher's gift, or for your mum or grandmother who may have lots of children's / grandchildren's birthdays to keep track of!

Thanks for dropping by!

~Sarah~

4 comments:

Gillian said...

Oh I love this idea Sarah!
Lovely work :)

Chloe :-) said...

What a FANTASTIC idea Sarah!!! I want one LOL :-) ... off to join your followers :-)

Karen said...

What a great calendar! I love the idea. It would make such a good gift, and nice that it can be enjoyed year after year.

Yvonne said...

It really looks GREAT! And inpires me to make something like this for myself. Great idea!
Many greetings from Yvon