Thursday, September 16, 2010

She looked ahead and smiled....

One of my Darkroom Door Creative Team tasks was to use the new Photobooth images in a project. I just love the Photobooth people - I often wonder who they were and what their lives were like - and what they'd think of seeing themselves on a card or ATC! LOL!

My idea was to use one of the people and turn it into an art doll - which I did, but the idea kind of grew and I ended up putting it on a hanging canvas, and am pretty happy with the result. Here's how it turned out (click photos to enlarge):


The canvas board is 5x7" and the hanger is from Crafty Individuals. The word "Enchanted" that is inside the nameplate comes from a Darkroom Door Viva la Flora Wordstrip.


The background on the canvas was created using lots of different paints and Glimmermist sprays, as well as torn sheet music and foreign language book pages. It was then roughly over-stamped in black using the Harlequin Background stamp.


The Photobooth lady comes from the "Hats" sheet. Her body is made from chipboard that has been covered with a book page, gesso, a paper doily, some lace, and a small chipboard heart. It looks a bit phallic for my liking, but oh well. At least it's not pink! LOL!! Her wings are German Scrap. The letters that spell the quote are from the "Alpha White" Alphastrips.


Some lace at the bottom of the canvas, and some gorgeous beaded trim finish off the piece.


A bit different from what I normally create, but I had fun doing it! I wanted to show that the Photobooth people can take on a life of their own, and be used for more than just cards and ATC's.

The other girls on the Darkroom Door CT did some fabulous things with their Photobooth projects - pop on over to the DD Blog HERE to see their creations.

~Sarah~

3 comments:

Dawn said...

Gooooooooooorgeous!

Gillian said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this piece Sarah & your beautiful photography of it :)

Nancy Maxwell James said...

Sarah
this is FANTASTIC! I love the collage and all the wonderful crystals and the sweet hanger! fabulous design! :)